Board of Directors

Board Governance Guiding Principles

a) The Board of Directors will demonstrate our commitment to early learning and child care excellence.

b) The Board of Directors assesses growth and sustainability within the institutions management, human resource and financial capacity.

c) Actively seek partnerships that reduce the risk and capital expenditures for the organization.


The centres are governed by a Board of Directors comprised of a minimum of 51% parents and the other 49% can be made up of persons of interest. Staff members may not be board members even if they are parents.

The Government of Saskatchewan has created guidelines which outline the job description, role, and duties of the Board of Directors. Click to view or download these documents as PDFs.