May is Early Childhood Education Month, a month that reminds us how important positive experiences are for young children, and how these positive experiences will help them as they grow and develop throughout their lives. It is also a time to thank and show our appreciation for early childhood educators who play such a vital role in our children’s lives. We are so lucky to have our children interact with such loving, caring, and dedicated Early Childhood Educators at PELC. The PELC Board believes it is important to recognise the tremendous contributions that the staff exhibit in their role as co-constructors and researchers with our children’s education and care. They play such an important role in every PELC family’s lives.
Early Childhood Educator Appreciation Day has been declared for Wednesday, May 8th therefore, we would like to encourage you to take a moment or two throughout the week of May 6-10 to express your appreciation through a small act of kindness.
Some possible things you could do are:
• Help your child to make a thank you card, craft, or handmade gift
• Write a note of appreciation to your child’s educators
• Bring in some treats or snacks for the staff room
• Take a moment at drop off time to speak with the educators to tell them why you appreciate them
• Bring in flowers or something else to brighten up the staff room
Thank you for helping us celebrate our Early Childhood Educators who support our children every day. We know how much the staff will appreciate it.